PRACTICE: See a NEED & MEET it
Are there people around you that have needs that you could meet?
Out of a place of compassion, Jesus spent His life meeting needs. These stories and illustrations about Jesus are endless: woman at the well, feeding the 5000, good samaritan, healing after healing, etc.
Jesus’ followers have the same invitation. Now I haven’t feed 5000 people with a few fish and loaves of bread yet, but if He lives in and through me, I might as well start somewhere. Jesus met needs, spiritual, emotional, physical. Us followers, are invited to follow suit with His power, love and authority!
Adam was the first “Re-Presenter” of Jesus in our world. He was the image bearer of God! We too are image bearers, Re-Presenters of Jesus to our world. What if that’s true? What if we lived like that were true?
Last week: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
THIS WEEK: The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.”
What would it look like if we, Re-presenters of Jesus, looked for needs all around us and, with Jesus, met the needs we could. Big and small. Profound and mundane.
Jesus open our eyes to see where you’re at work around us. We want to join you in your work this week!
PRACTICE: See a need and meet it.
Here are some questions for you and/ or some friends to talk through this week!
1. Have you ever had a need in your life met by someone else? Big or small.
2. What are some ways we know Jesus met peoples needs?
3. What does it mean to be a Re-Presenter of Jesus in your world? What could that look like?
4. If Jesus is at work everywhere we go, and we are following Him, then who does He want you to serve this week?
5. Who could your household (family, roomates, friends, etc.) love well/serve this week?
Let us know what you see and learn this week!